SEFA Transportation is looking for a Purchasing Manager to join their growing team.
As the Purchasing Manager you will negotiate with vendors for the purchase of materials, supplies, equipment and services used by the company.
- Manages the negotiation process with vendors for goods and services by negotiating the best possible price and service guarantees. Uses subject matter experts when necessary to create requirements.
- Establishes purchasing policies, processes, and systems to ensure compliance with business requirements for a company with a $60-$100 million dollar annual spend.
- Administers corporate vehicle purchase program.
- Qualifies new supply sources and negotiates best possible price, delivery and service guarantees.
- Examines bids communicates awards to vendors meeting requirements.
- Establishes account/credit and terms.
- Negotiates blanket purchase orders when applicable and monitors costs during the time period.
- Manages the purchase order process for appropriate approval and account numbers.
- Works closely with all departments to ensure fulfillment.
- Traces late arrivals from purchase orders and expedite receipt of goods and services.
- Follows all state and federal regulations the business is subject too.
- Complies with safety and corporate guidelines for business ethics.
- Ethical Conduct
- Communication Proficiency
- Technical Capacity
- Time Management
- Business Acumen
- Decision Making
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related area.
- Eight to ten years of purchasing experience.