Cone Health is looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) to join their growing team.
Extraordinary patient care is about being “high-touch” as well as “high-tech”. Community service and superior patient care are the cornerstones of our organization, a philosophy that is demonstrated by each and every one of our valued team members. We are proud to be the largest private, not-for-profit employer of choice in the Piedmont, NC area community!
Cone Health is an equal opportunity employer. Additionally, Cone Health invites interested deaf and hard of hearing applicants to use Video Relay Service (VRS).
Assesses, plans, implements, documents, organizes, prioritize, delegates, supervises and coordinates the care of neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult, geriatric patients as prescribed within the parameters of the NC Nurse Practice Act and hospital complex.
MAJOR WORK ACTIVITIES:
- Provides nursing care via the nursing process for the development, implementation and evaluation of nursing care.
- Collects and analyzes patient/significant other data.
- Completes an admission database and ongoing assessment to include collaboration with patients, significant others and other health care providers.
- Implements a plan of care for each patient (utilizing clinical pathways where applicable) and individualizes to meet the age specific needs of patients/significant others.
- Identifies variances and makes adjustments in the plan of care based on evaluation of the plan and effectiveness of nursing interventions.
- Documents and updates the plan of care, nursing care, nursing interventions and patient response to care, and keeps healthcare team, patients and significant other informed.
- Contributes to the discharge plan by identifying homecare needs.
- Recognizes changes in patients conditions and revises the plan of care appropriately.
- Demonstrates advanced competencies and critical thinking skills in day to day practice.
- Identifies and implements educational needs for patients/significant others.
- Establishes a caring and therapeutic nurse/healthcare team/patient/significant other relationships.
- Recognizes communication barriers, identifies resources and establishes plans to resolve barriers to communication.
- Demonstrates respect for diversity and cultural differences in patient/significant others related to age, ethnicity, gender, religion, socioeconomics, education, personality, or other unique variable.
- Formulate individualized plans to address individual needs related to diversity, cultural difference or other unique variables.
- Advocates for the patient/significant other. Demonstrates skillful responses to customer needs based on particular context of the situation.
- Supports an environment of evidence based practice/research/quality improvement.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Shared Governance accountabilities and principles, supports DSGC directly as a council member or indirectly by keeping informed of council activities/supporting council decisions, brings forth issues to council.
- Demonstrates knowledge of how to access reference documents containing policies, procedures, standards, and additional resources.
- Participates in QI/ Research activities based on role and major work activities as outlined in the research point system guidelines.
- Demonstrates knowledge of department QI plan.
- Demonstrates understanding of resource management and implements opportunities.
- Collects QI data and participates in analysis and action plan development, incorporates changes into practice.
- Facilitates ongoing activities to meet and adhere to regulatory standards (TJC, DFS, OSHA).
- Supervises other members of the team.
- Contributes to a supportive and healthy work environment.
- Holds self and others accountable for complying with policies, procedures and standards.
- Participates in learning needs assessments.
- Provides input into and supports the precepting and mentoring process.
- Delegates appropriate tasks to support staff, ensure completion of delegated tasks and provides feedback as needed.
- Demonstrates team spirit and collegiality. Supervises select personnel in performance/patient care.
- Demonstrates effective conflict resolution/negotiation skills.
- Promotes positive, supportive, and professional work environment free of disruptive behavior.
- Practices, in all professional relationships, with compassion and respect for the inherent dignity, worth and uniqueness of every individual.
- Follows Chain of Command for assistance with issues related to unresolved/problem-solving and/or conflict resolution.
- Provides, seeks and receives constructive feedback.
- Provides peer to peer feedback and seeks mediation as necessary. Promotes effective conflict resolution.
Required: Associates Nursing
Additional Information: Graduate of a School of Nursing. BSN required or with approval of the VP of Nursing, experienced RN's with an AD or Diploma with an active plan to obtain their BSN within four years from date of hire may be considered.
Required: RN - Registered Nurse licensed in North Carolina or a Compact state.
BLS (CPR) - AHA Health Care Provider BLS
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support
Pediatric Advanced Life Support
If you feel you have the required qualities and experience for the exciting role, please apply with confidence today.