Advia Credit Union is looking for a qualified and dedicated Branch Manager for their Salem, WI location with People’s Bank.
This position is in partnership with Peoples Bank in Elkhorn. The candidate selected for this position, will be employed by Advia Credit Union but will interview with Peoples Bank as a part of the process. More details will be provided upon initial interview. The most essential function of this position is to assist the credit union members in experiencing the advantage. This is accomplished by providing outstanding service to both internal and external members as defined by living and demonstrating the core values of the credit union; Act with Integrity, Drive Progress, Build & Strengthen Relationships and Keep People at the Core. Branch Managers are responsible for directing and administering the sales and operational efforts of the branch. Ensures established policies and procedures are followed. Oversees provision of a full range of services to members and prospective members. Ensures members are promptly and professionally served. Trains, directs, and supervises branch staff.
As a Branch Manager, you will have opportunities to:
- Operate with a high level of autonomy and treat your branch as your business
- Self-manage your day to day work schedule
- Directly impact credit union success through branch goal attainment
- Build strong relationships throughout all levels of the organization including executive-level
- Coaches staff to fulfill balanced scorecard goals. Including monitoring the quality of service for members, and ensures that employees are maximizing opportunities to cross-sell products and services.
- Represent and promote the Credit Union within the branch community.
- Manage direct reports to maximize productivity, efficiency, and the potential of the human assets of the company, including monitoring staff performance, coaching, counseling, training, assuring compliance with regulatory requirements and organizational mission, values, policies and work rules. Appraise performance and provide recommendations for staff compensation, promotion, and termination, as appropriate.
- Ensures member’s requests and questions are promptly resolved. Handles member’s complaints.
- May counsel members regarding their financial needs and services requested.
- Ensures all branch transactions are balanced at the close of each day. Oversees individual accountability for the handling of cash and assists in resolving balancing problems.
- Acts as a Loan Officer, processing and approving customer loans within established policies and limits. Ensures that branch achieves assigned loan production goal.
- Must comply with applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Assets Control.
- Perform primarily sedentary work with limited physical exertion and occasional lifting of up to 20 lbs.
- Must be capable of climbing/descending stairs in an emergency situation.
- Must be able to operate routine office equipment including telephone, copier, facsimile, and calculator.
- Must be able to routinely perform work on a computer for an average of 6-8 hours per day, when necessary.
- Must be able to work extended hours whenever required or requested by management.
- Must be capable of travel by automobile (as driver and passenger), commercial airlines, rental vehicles and public transportation and be able to lodge in public facilities.
- Must be capable of regular, reliable and timely attendance.
Working Conditions: Must be able to routinely perform work indoors in climate-controlled shared workspace with moderate noise.
Mental and/or Emotional Requirements:
- Must be able to perform job functions independently and work effectively either on our own or as part of a team.
- Must be able to plan and direct the work activities of self and others.
- Must be able to read and carry out various written instructions and follow oral instructions.
- Must be able to speak clearly and deliver information in a logical and understandable sequence.
- Must be able to perform basic financial calculations with extreme accuracy.
- Must be capable of dealing calmly and professionally with numerous different personalities from diverse cultures at various levels within and outside of the organization and demonstrate highest levels of customer service and discretion when dealing with the public.
- Must be able to perform responsibilities with composure under the stress of deadlines/requirements for extreme accuracy and quality and/or fast pace.
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple, simultaneous, and changing priorities. Must be capable of exercising highest level of discretion on both internal and external confidential matters.
Skills & Experience:
- Interpersonal Skills - A significant level of trust, credibility and diplomacy is required. In-depth dialogues, conversations and explanations with customers, direct and indirect reports and outside vendors can be of a sensitive and/or highly confidential nature. Communications may involve motivating, influencing, educating and/or advising others on matters of significance.
- Other Skills - Understanding of the Credit Union''s field of membership. Thorough knowledge of Credit Union services and products. Understanding of related legal and regulatory requirements. Familiarity with Branch functions, policies, and procedures. Strong interpersonal, leadership, and supervisory skills. Well organized and detail oriented. Ability to operate related computer applications and related business equipment.
- Experience - Three years to five years of similar or related experience, including preparatory experience
- Education/Certifications/Licenses - College degree preferred or related experience.
If you feel you have the required qualities and experience for the exciting role, please apply with confidence today.