Bay Truck Stop seeks a motivated and responsible Cashier/Cleaner to work a blend of cashier and cleaner shifts. The ideal candidate is one who is task-oriented, self-motivated, and has the ability to communicate effectively and professionally to both coworkers and customers alike.
In addition, this position should possess strong organizational and time management skills to be able to prioritize responsibilities effectively and efficiently.
As a Cleaner you will be responsible for keeping all facilities in clean and safe manner that meets or exceeds the standards of Petro Canada/Breault Inc. In the role of cashier you will be the face of the business to our guests. Providing excellent customer service and patience will be key to your success.
Specific cashier responsibilities include (but not limited to) the following:
- Activating fuel pumps as per TSSA and Company Standards.
- Process cash and card transactions.
- Promote in store specials and identifying add on sale opportunities.
- Verifying age sensitive purchases (Tobacco and OLG)
- Stocking and rotating of products in C-Store.
- Collecting and disposing of trash outside.
- Sweeping and mopping floors and cleaning gas station bathrooms.
- Conducting end of day procedures.
- Printing daily reports and reconciliation.
- Adhere to safe money handling procedures.
- Assist customers when needed.
- Following clients set policy and procedures as well as adhere to MOL and TSSA Guidelines.
Specific cleaner responsibilities include (but not limited to) the following:
- Meet established schedule and set standards for housekeeping; cleaning, dusting, vacuuming and mopping during established operating hours.
- Ensure resources are replenished daily and are well organized as per the standard guidelines.
- Track cleaning supply usage and alert manager when re-orders are required.
- Empty cardboard, garbage and dispose of waste appropriately.
- Appropriately mark all wet surfaces to ensure safety.
- Properly store all cleaning materials and substances in accordance with WHMIS requirements.
- Maintain all department equipment and ensure it’s in good order.
- Respond to emergency cleaning calls as required.
- Fuel trucks at Fuel Pass, when needed.
- Keep outside walkways clear of ice & snow.
- Summer season, maintain flowers and grass cutting.
- Restock merchandise.
- Receive deliveries- put stock away.
- Relieve or help cashier when needed.Assist customers when needed.
The ideal candidate:
- High school education preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to use the cash register (Training can be provided)
- Excellent math skills to calculate prices and make change.
- Ability to be subject to extreme weather conditions (hot, cold, wind, rain).
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions, and ability to read, retain and comprehend guidelines, policies and procedures applicable to the position.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a large team.
- Self-motivated and driven to increase knowledge of our clients products and share that knowledge with customers.
- Ability to provide regular and predictable attendance. (You may be scheduled to work early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays, and schedules may vary on a weekly basis)
- Ability to comply with workplace conduct standards.
- Ontario Worker Health and Safety Awareness Certificate.
- Must be bond-able and subject to criminal background check.
Ability to perform physical tasks, including but not limited to:
- Lifting, pushing, pulling and carrying weight up to 50lbs.
- Standing for long periods of time.
- Kneeling, bending, squatting and crouching.
- Tolerate exposure to dust and cleaning chemicals.
If you feel you are the right person to join a growing team, please apply with confidence today.